Lecture de la tragédie de "l'orphelin de la Chine" de Voltaire dans le salon de madame Geoffrin, Anicet Charles Gabriel LEMONNIER (1743-1824). *** Commande de Joséphine Beauharnais, ce tableau du peintre Lemonnier a été exposé au Salon de 1814. Le but de ce portrait de groupe est de fixer pour la postérité tous ceux qui ont compté sur la scène mondaine, philosophique et artistique parisienne au cours du siècle des Lumières, bien au-delà des membres qui ont effectivement formé la société de Mme Geoffrin. La scène se situe dans un salon richement décoré de tableaux et de tapis, celui de Mme Geoffrin, épouse du directeur de la manufacture des glaces (Saint-Gobain). L’hôtesse, que l’historiographie américaine nomme également salonnière, accueille dans le cadre confortable du salon les habitués de sa « société ». Elle y convie les visiteurs de marque, notamment dans le cas des salons parisiens, les voyageurs étrangers de conditions qui ont pris soin de se munir de l...
*** One warm morning I lay in my bed caressed by the ray of sunlight pointing like a golden finger through the dust particles in the air. Stretching like a lazy cat, I stuck my toes out from under the sheets and wiggled them, enjoying the feeling. Then, lots of light! Someone had pulled the curtain open.. A smiling face beamed at me. "Hello, sleepy head!" he whispered.. "It's a beautiful day!" And so I discovered when we went on the terrace, as the sun filtered through the leaves turned everything into a symphony of soft greens. The air felt warm on my cheeks for the first time in months, and that afternoon I wandered around streets of blossomed trees, fascinated by the shades of melted vermilion the town was covered in. At one point it felt like I was part of an old movie. London does that a lot, and especially when the sun makes that perfect golden hour light that is reflected in all of the windows... *** ...
*** Everyone knows I've always been a fan of retro and vintage fashion, so of course I got more than excited when the lovely Jade Stavri from Scarlet Rage Vintage (which happens to be the most amazing vintage/retro shop in London), asked me to model their SS15 collection. Most of you have seen some previews of this wonderful photoshoot as I have been teasing you with Instagram and Twitter snippets for the past month or so. Well, I’m very thrilled to finally share with you the dreamy results. With talented Sally Rose as the photographer and Laura Marsh as the make-up artist, the whole process has been such a fun experience! See the rest of the story here for ideas on how to look like a retro Hollywood diva. xx Pixie *** Clothes by: Scarlet Rage Vintage Photographer: Sally Rose Hair & Make-up: Laura Marsh
Comments
Post a Comment